Thursday, September 25, 2008

Remembering Grandma Bess

Grandpa showing me pictures of him and Grandma as kids and young adults.


My mom ate spinch while the rest of us ate Blue Bell Ice Cream!

Grandpa and I on the day of Grandma's viewing. My PRECIOUS nephew Quinn!
My Grandma passed away on September 11, 2008. She was a woman of great strength and character. When my Mom and Dad got married Grandma and Grandpa Bess took the three Bradford kids in as their own. She is admired for her punctuality, beauty, kindness, good cooking, and a belly laugh that will get the whole room laughing along with her. I will miss the softness of her hands as she always held me so tight each time I saw her. She made a cute noise out of the side of her mouth that I will miss too. I am so grateful for a testimony that I know we will be reunited one day. I will miss her greatly, but I am so blessed to have had her as a part of my life.

5 comments:

Mama Mia said...

Kim your blog is so cute! This was a special post. I am so glad you were able to go and spend some time with your family. That is what life is about...FAMILY! I love your skirt!

Amber Shelton said...

true dat!

Laurie said...

What a sweet tribute to your grandma. She sounds like a special lady indeed.

Tricia said...

How neat that you all were able to be there for the funeral. I loved reading about your grandma.

fabulous5fentons said...

Kim - those pics with grandpa are priceless, you will be soooo glad you have them.