We were all outside enjoying a beautiful fall afternoon. The boys were riding their bikes and scooters up and down the street. Spencer was on the electric scooter. He came around a corner and lost control of it and he went FLYING! He broke his fall with his left hand and did a few rolls. I knew the minute I picked him up that it was broken. It turned out to be broken in 2 places and the bones had moved, so it had to be set. We are so blessed to have a dear friend and Bishop who is an Orthopedic Surgeon. He came over to the ER and set it for Spencer. Spencer had a tuff time coming out of the sedation, so Jason and he spent over 6 hours in ER before they could come home. I felt like I had a new born again last night because Spencer slept with me and woke up 4 times to go to the bathroom. I had to take him because we were worried he would fall over with his equallibrium being off from the meds. Can you tell he is thrilled that I am taking his picture to document this for him?
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Oh Spence, hang in there!! You too Mama. He better be ready to play when he gets back to Texas, because my boys can't wait to beat up their cousins. :) They're tired of beating each other up. We sure miss you guys, and can't wait to see you.
Love,
Aunt Amber
OH no! I am glad that I checked the blog! So sorry about Spencer!
Oh poor Spencer- I can see it is a long cast- ouch. That is pretty good though with all those boys and this being the 1st one. Tell him to hang in there. Jake did the same exact thing last year. Thank goodness for good doctors-especialy when they are friends!
We love Bishop Keiser, too. So sorry to hear about your arm Spencer. Take it easy, buddy.
Poor Spenc! Hey we need to chat, it's been a while.
Kim, how are you!? I talked to Amber this morning and she gave me her blog address and I just saw yours! I can't believe how big your kids are getting! I'm trying to come see everyone for thanksgiving. Hopefully I'll make it down so I can see everyone!!
You're boys are so cute! It's so cool to see what you've been up to all these years!
Spencer,
What a bummer!!! Ryan knows how you feel. We hope that you are doing better. Ryan is so jealous that you are moving back to Texas.
Love,
Karen and Ryan
Post a Comment